Not Broken, Just Bent

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return."

There is nothing wrong with being loved, nor loving someone who does not love you in return.
There is nothing wrong with loving yourself for who you are, nor hating the person you were yesterday while loving the one you are today.

Your Past has absolutely nothing new to say about you - it's what you do Today that makes a difference.

-
Note to Self:

Life, if you have something up your sleeve - please reveal it soon.
If you decide to crush me - let the Pain be so overwhelming that I'd no longer feel it - let it be so strong that I'll mistake it for the strength to get back up again. 
If you decide to nurture me a pair of Wings - then let there be Freedom so reckless that'll set me ready for all the impossibilities.

If you are tough, I'll be tougher.


Yes, the only thing I love ardently in my house is my desk- because it's not just a wall-full of papers, quotes and images that prime my mood. It's not a showoff. This wall is my heart, my soul and little bits and pieces of me frozen in time. Pieces of me that fell when I was broken, pieces of me that came loose whenever I felt the reckless love for writing swelling up within me. Pieces of me that only someone who truly understands me can appreciate - no one judges my heart, no one has the right to and no one can truly understand it's depth unless I let them in.

And when broken, I pick up these pieces of me and stand up again.
When broken, I pick up these pieces of me and become close to whole again.

This ring is beautiful - yet it doesn't fit me. I can modify it, recreate it -  but someday it'll return to what it was, what it once was and still come loose. 

What I'm good at (or what I was very good at) - World Building.

A dream not big enough, not scary enough or ridiculous enough - is not a dream worth investing. Be the dreamer who do - so that no one can tell you otherwise.



No comments:

Post a Comment